Filing your Homestead Exemption

Have your filed your homestead exemption application?  

Each year I send out a reminder to my clients to file an application to claim their property for a homestead exemption.  I want them to save money and it’s free to file.

It’s not just for new home buyers. You can save money too! The application is found on each appraisal district. It is free to you so there is no need to pay an outside vendor to file for your homestead exemption.

Make sure that the property you are claiming exemption for matches your driver’s license/id.  Example: if you moved from Allen to Plano, your driver’s license/ id must match the property address you are claiming exemption for. And you have not claimed homestead exemption on any other property.

Sample page one of an application:  

page 1 - Exemption.PNG

You have until April 30th to submit your application for homestead exemption for the tax year. Here are the county appraisal districts that I am most familiar with.

Collin County Appraisal District

Denton County Appriasal District

Rockwall County Appraisal District

Dallas County Appraisal District

If you have any questions call me or text me at 214-282-2945 or email me at Bernadine@kw.com.

Bernadine Eberle, Realtor

Keller Williams Central

214-282-2945

Email me: Bernadine@kw.com

Service areas: Plano, Allen, McKinney, Frisco, Wylie, Murphy, Richardson  and the surrounding areas.

Search for homes in DFW

Search Filing your Homestead Exemption Homes for Sale

New Listings

Featured picture for the property 13675770
$248,000
Allen, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Lynn Boyer
X100 Realty, LLC
NTREIS
Featured picture for the property 13672791
$190,000
Allen, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Jeff Sharer
Coldwell Banker Res Benton
NTREIS
Featured picture for the property 13676850
$219,900
Allen, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Susan Carothers
Texas Crossway Realty
NTREIS
Featured picture for the property 13672399
$230,000
Allen, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Pam Gossick
Halo Group Realty, LLC
NTREIS
Featured picture for the property 13676614
$239,900
Allen, TX
beds
baths
Listing courtesy of Bruce Yamini
Northpoint Real Estate
NTREIS
Updated Aug 20, 2017 6:45:pm. Based on information from the North Texas Real Estate Information Systems, Inc. This information is provided for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by OnBoard, LLC and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.